Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default COM + Excel + Win2k3 Standard Version + IIS6

On my workstation, when i attempt:

new COM("Excel.Application")... i have no problem.
(Workstation Win2k Pro + IIS 5

on the production server though i attempt the same and i
get the error:

(unable to load MS excel)

Unable to obtain IDispatch interface for CLSID {00024500-
0000-0000-C000-000000000046}: Access is denied

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Randy,

It looks like you're using PHP to instantiate Excel? If so, does this
article help at all?

http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/ve...n20030501.php3

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

Randy wrote:
On my workstation, when i attempt:

new COM("Excel.Application")... i have no problem.
(Workstation Win2k Pro + IIS 5

on the production server though i attempt the same and i
get the error:

(unable to load MS excel)

Unable to obtain IDispatch interface for CLSID {00024500-
0000-0000-C000-000000000046}: Access is denied

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

worked like a charm once again. Thanks so very much! I was 'afraid' :-) to post that i'm using PHP in a microsoft newsgroup and no one would pay it any attention.

Sincere thanks again.
-Randy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No problem - glad to help, Randy. This group is a pretty friendly (and
helpful) bunch, so no need to worry too much about posting something you're
stuck on. At least it involved Excel. <g

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com