Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro security question

Our department has just switched to XP. I'm finding that
my macros become annoyingly disabled unless I follow these
steps:
Close my file
Go to Tools-Macro-Security, and set it to low
Open my file, selecting Enable Macros.

But the next time I use Excel, I have to do this again.
Is there a way to permanently set macro security to low?

Thank you in advance
Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thnx, works great. Just one little question.
When i copy and paste it in macro, in the destination file it shows
the original value. Is there a way to set the created value to a fixed
value??

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

sorry wrong post

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, but this doesn't work. As soon as I go back into
these settings, they've reverted back to medium.

Is it possible that our bank has enforced a macro security
setting that can not be changed?

Our department has just switched to XP. I'm finding

that
my macros become annoyingly disabled unless I follow

these
steps:
Close my file
Go to Tools-Macro-Security, and set it to low
Open my file, selecting Enable Macros.

But the next time I use Excel, I have to do this again.
Is there a way to permanently set macro security to low?

Thank you in advance
Daniel
.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I would use medium, the second security level, instead of low. The
security reset may be in the way your IT dept initializes Excel when
you start the application. I found some code to change the security
level on this board but it wouldn't do you any good as you can't run
macros on open.