Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Default PASSING DATA FROM USER FORM TO EXCEL SPREADSHEET

HOW DO I DO IT?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Range("A1").Value = Userform1.TextBox1.Text

as an example. More specific questions might help.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message
HOW DO I DO IT?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can also place this line in the click event of a button on the userform

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("a1").Value = Me.TextBox1.Value

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)

wrote in message ...
HOW DO I DO IT?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can also place this line in the click event of a button on th
userform

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("a1").Value = Me.TextBox1.Value

That is my intention.

the workbook is called book1 and the worksheet is called sheet1.

column 1 is where I want to place the RGA number.

my userform is called frmRGAInput and the text box on the form for th
RGA number is called txtRGANum

I entered:

Private Sub cmdCommit_Click()

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("a1").Value
frmRGAInput.txtRGANum.Value
End Sub

and it worked, how do I set it up so that every time I click the O
button it enters the data on the next row of the excel sheet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

You can also place this line in the click event of a
button on the userform

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("a1").Value =
Me.TextBox1.Value

That is my intention.

the workbook is called book1 and the worksheet is called
sheet1.

column 1 is where I want to place the RGA number.

my userform is called frmRGAInput and the text box on the
form for the RGA number is called txtRGANum

I entered:

Private Sub cmdCommit_Click()

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("a1").Value =
frmRGAInput.txtRGANum.Value
End Sub

and it worked, how do I set it up so that every time I
click the OK button it enters the data on the next row of
the excel sheet?

Also, how can i get this specific form to pop up when
Book1 is openned?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bit different to what you initially asked!

Is This what you want?

Private Sub cmdCommit_Click()

iRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
If iRow = 1 And Range("A1") = "" Then
iRow = 1
Else
iRow = iRow + 1
End If
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(iRow, "A").Value =

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Bit different to what you initially asked!

Is This what you want?

Private Sub cmdCommit_Click()

iRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
If iRow = 1 And Range("A1") = "" Then
iRow = 1
Else
iRow = iRow + 1
End If
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Cells

(iRow, "A").Value =
frmRGAInput.txtRGANum.Value

End Sub

Thank you for the response.

Now, going a step further I have 10 fields per record
that I'll be inputing data for. How can I make this work
for each field so that a new row is entered.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here are some sources of information:

XL97: How to Use a UserForm for Entering Data

XL2000: How to Use a UserForm for Entering Data

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)

"EXCELLENT1 " wrote in message ...
You can also place this line in the click event of a button on the
userform

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("a1").Value = Me.TextBox1.Value

That is my intention.

the workbook is called book1 and the worksheet is called sheet1.

column 1 is where I want to place the RGA number.

my userform is called frmRGAInput and the text box on the form for the
RGA number is called txtRGANum

I entered:

Private Sub cmdCommit_Click()

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("a1").Value =
frmRGAInput.txtRGANum.Value
End Sub

and it worked, how do I set it up so that every time I click the OK
button it enters the data on the next row of the excel sheet?

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you use a PDF form you can use the FDF Decoder to parse the information
and create a CSV file to import to Excel.
You can get more information on FDF Decoder at http://www.spotteddingo.com
wrote in message

It's being driven by a button. Where does the fields

come into it?

for instance,

this is going to be a RGA input form with RGA number,
customer number, date, notes, action taken, etc....fields
on it and I want to pass these fields to a column
(record).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

XL97: How to Use a UserForm for Entering Data (Q161514)
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=161514

XL2000: How to Use a UserForm for Entering Data (Q213749)
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=213749

http://www.microsoft.com/ExcelDev/Articles/sxs11pt1.htm
Lesson 11: Creating a Custom Form
Excerpted from Microsoft® Excel 97 Visual Basic® Step by Step.

Tom Ogilvy