Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel automation "Error loading DLL"

On my development machine (Win 2K) I am having problems
with VB clients that use Excel automation. Specifically
in trying to create the application object, I always get
runtime error 48 "Error loading DLL." The same code runs
without flaw on other PCs.

I have tried reinstalling office 97 but this doesn't
help. Applying the service packs also does not help. TIA
for any information relating to this frustrating problem.