Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Functions in Statusbar Won't Display

Excel 2002

I have a friend whose Excel won't display the sum, average, etc. of a
highlighted range in the statusbar. Also, you can't right click the
statusbar to get a pop-up menu to change the function.

I have searched the Microsoft knowledge base and this newsgroup, but can't
find anything on it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mark,

Does executing the following statement fix the problem?

application.CommandBars(54).Reset

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

Mark Driscol wrote:
Excel 2002

I have a friend whose Excel won't display the sum, average, etc. of a
highlighted range in the statusbar. Also, you can't right click the
statusbar to get a pop-up menu to change the function.

I have searched the Microsoft knowledge base and this newsgroup, but
can't find anything on it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jake,

A question for you. On my computer (Excel 2002), running

Application.CommandBars(54).Name

yields "Pattern." Doing a reset on CommandBars(54) would appear to affect
the statusbar, then?

Thanks.

Mark

Mark Driscol wrote:
Excel 2002

I have a friend whose Excel won't display the sum, average, etc. of a
highlighted range in the statusbar. Also, you can't right click the
statusbar to get a pop-up menu to change the function.

I have searched the Microsoft knowledge base and this newsgroup, but
can't find anything on it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, Dave, I had checked that the statusbar is displayed. No functions
will display in it and you cannot right click on the statusbar to get a
pop-up menu.

Jake had mentioned trying to reset the statusbar, so I'd like to try that.
I'm not sure how the particular statement he provided will do it, so if you
or he can clarify that for me I would be grateful.

Thank you.

Mark

Mark Driscol wrote:

Excel 2002

I have a friend whose Excel won't display the sum, average, etc. of a
highlighted range in the statusbar. Also, you can't right click the
statusbar to get a pop-up menu to change the function.

I have searched the Microsoft knowledge base and this newsgroup, but

can't
find anything on it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mark,

I know the problem is already sorted, but on my machine (also XL 2002), the
CommandBar with index=54 is "AutoCalculate". Anyway, I should have used the
name and not the index #. Sorry for the confusion....

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com