Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Q. Pie Chart problem. Want to add series, from another worksheet.

Hi.

I'm having trouble trying to figure out a couple things.
I'll ask my first problem only in this thread.

I have a pie chart with 3 slices.

One is Total Wins, The other Total Losses, the other is Total Outlay.

I want to add a fourth called Expenses, which is a calculated field
on a different worksheet, in the same workbook.

How can I add that 4th slice in there ?

Thanks,
Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim,

From what you describe I imagine that you have 3 cells currently that
you are plotting.
In a fourht adjacent cell enter = then navigate to the value in the
otehr workbook that ou wnat to display, and then press enter.
You will now see the addtional value shown in the 'main' workbook.
It should then be a simple matter to adjust the graphs range scope to
incorporate the new value.

Hope it helps

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On the sheet with the first three amounts, add a link to the Expenses
amount on the other worksheet.

Then, create the chart from the four amounts on the first sheet.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

OK,

You two allude to the idea that the series must all be on the same
worksheet for the pie chart to work as it does now - but with an extra
series (or value) that I wish to enter as a new 'slice'.

If that's the way it has to be I'm satisfied with the solution.
I just thought there would be a more keen way to incorporate it from
the separate worksheet - but this poses no problem. It will work.

Thanks for your help,

Jim