Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default GetSetting & SaveSetting in Thin Client Environments

I use Getsetting and Savesetting in an Excel add-in to tailor the VBA
function to individual needs.

The registry record is always held under

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings

This has worked sucessfully on standard PCs but I have a potential
client who wants to use the function under Thin Client/multi-user
conditions.

Is any one able to enlighten me on how these statements will operate
in a Thin Client environment.

In particular I need to know whether registry settings will be
indiviual to the 'Current User' or common to all users.

Thank you

Stephen Allen
ACBA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As I understand it, HKCU is stored separately for each user. There is no
need to consider them separately.

In Thin Client environement, user profiles are stored server-side, not
client-side as is sometimes the case with locally stored profiles.