Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Paste a sheet as a link

Happy New Year!

Is there any way to have a link to a sheet? I mean to copy a sheet from one
workbook to another workbook as a link, so when I change the book in the
source worksheet and after open the destination book, the sheet changes to
be populated.

Thanks,
Yakimo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you can link at the cell level.

Select your range, go to the new location, do Edit=Paste Special and select
the paste link button.

Turn on the macro recorder while you do it if you want to get code

Tom Ogilvy

Yakimo wrote in message
Happy New Year!

Is there any way to have a link to a sheet? I mean to copy a sheet from

one
workbook to another workbook as a link, so when I change the book in the
source worksheet and after open the destination book, the sheet changes to
be populated.

Thanks,
Yakimo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, Tom, but can't be done something at the worksheet level? Linking
range is not sufficient, because there is a Chart into the sheet as well.
What I need is the entire sheet to be linked.
I need that, because after I update my main Workbook, I have to create a new
Workbook, containing a subset of two workbooks for my boss. My main workbook
is very huge and having only a subset of it is the perfect solution.

For now I compose every time a new workbook, copying several sheets from two
sources (workbooks). If I could have possibility only to link the sheets, I
would compose my new workbook only once, and it will be every time updated,
after I open it.

If there is no such a possibility in Excel, maybe my way of thinking is a
little bit weird?
../Yakimo

Yakimo wrote in message
Happy New Year!

Is there any way to have a link to a sheet? I mean to copy a sheet from

one
workbook to another workbook as a link, so when I change the book in the
source worksheet and after open the destination book, the sheet changes

be populated.

Thanks,
Yakimo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No, there is no way to link sheets, but you could write a macro that creates
the subset of the workbook you want.

If the source sheet always stays the same, you could copy that sheet, then
change the cell references to point back to the original. So you chart
would exist in this copy and would be updated when the source cells were
updated.

another way would be to create a macro to build the subset of the workbook
you want.

Tom Ogilvy