Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Scripting.FileSystemObject LAN

Dear colleagues,
Is it possible, with VBA, to set the point of Object Type
variable-FileSystemObject, to the file system(ie. drives, folders &
files) of another PC(other then the one which runs that VBA code),
through the simple LAN connection.
Actualy I need to backup some workbooks from, let's say "PC1" to
"PC2", via LAN. The problem is that the full path of backup folder on
"PC2" could change periodicaly(adding/removing hard disks/partitions =
drive letter change). So, before actual backup I need to
search/examine file system(Scripting.FileSystemObject) on "PC2" and
depending of the result of such examination, to aply different backup
option.
Thank You in advance. Regards, Mirom.