Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Width problem with Form

Hi Hotbird

I'm not sure why this is happening - on my system (XP Pro & Excel 2003) I
can't reduce the size to under 84 (with either your form or a new one). I
tried setting it programatically and this failed as well. Having said this,
I can't imagine why I'd want a form with a width that small.... Could you
use a msgbox or inputbox instead?

Regards

David

"Hotbird" wrote in message
For some unknown reason, I can no longer reduce the width property of a

new
form below 108.
If I open an old form with a lesser width, it jumps up to the new minimum
108. What could be the explanation? In case it helps, i exported the
troublesome form as an attachment.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

iIam using Windows XP operating system and Excel 2000. The odd thing is
that until recently, I could create narrower forms. I bet I have just
selected some option by mistake..... My application is a pop-up form which
appears alongside a spreadsheet without obscuring too much data. I found
that MsgBoxes like to be bang in the middle of screen, so opted instead for
a Form with better control....

"Hotbird" wrote in message
For some unknown reason, I can no longer reduce the width property of a

new
form below 108.
If I open an old form with a lesser width, it jumps up to the new

minimum
108. What could be the explanation? In case it helps, i exported the
troublesome form as an attachment.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have you changed your screen resolution since creating that file? I get
different minimum widths depending on whether I'm running at 1600 x 1200,
1280 x 1024 etc... Do you know that you can position inputboxes to be where
you want?

Regards

David

"Hotbird" wrote in message
For some unknown reason, I can no longer reduce the width property of

new
form below 108.
If I open an old form with a lesser width, it jumps up to the new

minimum
108. What could be the explanation? In case it helps, i exported the
troublesome form as an attachment.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, David, I have changed my screen resolution - between 800 x 600 and 1280
x 1096 (which I think I was using when the narrower forms were originally
created). But It doesn't matter now which resolution I pick - the minimum
width is always 108 for me.

Yes, I have used input boxes with position control via the code, but what I
am aiming to do is provide the operator with just 2 buttons to click -
rather than requiring error-prone numerical entry. So a narrow form is
exactly right at the edge of screen.