Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Downloading data from a web page

It might help if you posted the url, the method of query, and the data that
you want to get out of it. One way is to load to a dummy page and then have
a macro to collect what you want to the final page.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Dave F" wrote in message
Hi

I want to extract a small bit of data from a web page a place it in a
range.

At the moment I'm doing it using web query, which unfortunately, as far as

know, needs to display all the data in a worksheet before I'm able to take
the bit I require.
I would like to avoid this, if possible.

Do you know if ADO would be a solution?

Would the format of the web page make a difference?
I think it's XML, but to be honest, I'm not to sure what that is.

TIA
Dave F..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

I want to extract a small bit of data from a web page a place it in a
range.

At the moment I'm doing it using web query, which unfortunately, as far as I