Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I Can't Get VBA to Work

I've written an Excel program with extensive VBA macros
for a Federal agency here in the Nation's capital. The agency
network is built around Windows 2000 and uses Excel 2002, and
the Visual Basic module is loaded and its icons are on the toolbar.

When I attempt to run my program, Excel bombs out, issuing
messages that it does not recognize such built-in functions
as CHR( ), RIGHT( ), LEFT( ), MID( ), SPACE( ) (or their
dollar sign versions CHR$, etc.). Excel programs with extensive
VBA macros without these functions run just fine. It appears to
me that some DLL or other critical system component has been
wiped out, but I have no idea which one. I've suggested to the
agency's IT department to do a re-install of the entire operating
system and Excel, but they are reluctant to do this for me
(as I'm the only Excel user in the whole place writing VBA
macros, believe it or not).

Anybody have any ideas or suggestions?

-- Dennis Eisen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Take a look at Toolsreferences in the VB IDE and see if there are any items
at the top with a 'Missing' in the description. If so, go and find the
actual value and re-reference.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"DennisE" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

DennisE wrote:
[...]

Though this seems out of left field, check your printers. If Excel
(Microsoft Word, etc.) try to connect to a printer (even though you are
not printing) and the printer driver is corrupt, it can cause multiple
problems with VBA code. I spent several days pulling (whats left) of my
hair out trying to discover what was causing a similar problem before I
decided to delete my printer and re-install.