Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ComboBox or what?!?

I have a really handy Workbook, created by a former coworker, that I
have worked with for a long time and which was, in fact, originally
what I used to teach myself about Excel. It uses what look like
ComboBoxes to select the names of employees whose information is then
displayed elsewhere on the Worksheet.

Now I've never been able to figure out what these "ComboBoxes" really
are. As I said, they look like ComboBoxes, but when I right-click on
them "View Code" and "Properties" are not options on the pop-up menus.
And when I open the "Properties" window and then click on them, what I
see is the "Properties" window for the sheet on which they are located.
Finally, when I open the "Format Control" window, there is a tab named
"Control" present that is not there for actual ComboBoxes.

Any clue what these things are or how to create them without having to
Copy and Paste from that workbook???

Thanks for your help! - Pikus

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

pikus,

They look like ComboBoxes, work "like" ComboBoxes but aren't
really ComboBoxes????

Maybe DataValidation??

Take a look he

John

"pikus" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sounds like an Excel Form Control.

From Excel's menu: View | Toolbars | Forms
You create them using this toolbar.

"pikus" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well thanks, but I didn't see any examples of the particular objects I'
speaking about, though they are used in much the same way that is bein
discussed. - Pikus

And it is just as wierd as it sounds..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

YES!!! Thank you Rob van Gelder!!! I've been sitting on that for SO
LONG! Thank you thank you thank you!

- Pikus:D

---

fill combobox depending on selection from another combobox Adam Francis Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 July 24th 08 07:39 PM
combobox changes value flow23 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 May 11th 06 04:44 PM
COMBOBOX smiley New Users to Excel 1 October 12th 05 02:01 PM
Combobox Aleks[_2_] Excel Programming 0 October 31st 03 06:58 PM
ComboBox cribeiro Excel Programming 0 October 31st 03 12:35 AM