Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default intersection? of two cells

Hi, any help would be appreciated.
I have two cell address's (example is one of them) and I want to get the
column from one cell address and the row from the other and then use that
address to insert data. In the example below the address result is $x$xx
There has got to be a simpler method than doing all the extraction from a
string? If the address was in variable format it would be easy however I
don't know any other way to extract the address than the method below.
Thanks
Jeff

Dim col_is As String * 8

Range("k7").Select

col_is = ActiveSheet.Range("AV7").End(xlToLeft).Address 'finds last cell in
row with data

Range(col_is).Select
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Select
col_is = ActiveCell.Address

MsgBox col_is

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jeff,

Does this help

Cells(rng1,Row, rng2.Column)

where rng1 and rng2 are range objects set to the 2 ranges that you know.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips