Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default dot 2 koma

Hello group,
I made a very simple macro: Change every "." in to ",". Quite easy, but ...
The problem is that when I call the macro it works almost I expected with
one serious problem. The numbers I get are not seen as they should be.
Indeed they have komas but I am not able to make any single operation on
them. Probably they have a bad format.
When I do it manualy it works just fine. Any ideas?

Thanks,
---
Rafi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
Excel read the decimal separator from the Regional settings. Change it and
excel will use the
other deciaml separator.
Regards,

JY

"Rafa³ K³ysiewicz" wrote in message
Hello group,
I made a very simple macro: Change every "." in to ",". Quite easy, but

The problem is that when I call the macro it works almost I expected with
one serious problem. The numbers I get are not seen as they should be.
Indeed they have komas but I am not able to make any single operation on
them. Probably they have a bad format.
When I do it manualy it works just fine. Any ideas?

Thanks,
---
Rafi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Rafa,
As you did not specify ...
Depending on which version of Excel you are using : in Excel 2002 XP
You can specify which decimal separator to use. Regional settings or XL
(via tool/option/International)