Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Trapping warning message

I don't believe you can suppress this. However you can use the
enableselection property of the worksheet to prevent the user from selecting
protected cells - then there will be no message.

Tom Ogilvy

b0rk wrote in message
When users inadvertantly try to enter data in a cell on a
protected sheet, a very long winded message appears:
"The cell cell you are trying to change is protected ..etc"

This message does not seem to obey
the "DisplayAlerts=False" command and I cannot find where
it originates from. I would like to trap this to remove
it or replace it with my own message.

Can anyone help?

b0rk