Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ODBC errors with new pivot table

Here's the problem.
- I opened a file called Results.xls that was developed by someone else. In
it there are several sheets that automatically extract data from an Access
database to run pivot tables and extracts.

- I added two new sheets each with a pivot table that connects to the same
Access database and run a pivot based on an Access query. I originally
connected to the Access database by following the pivot table wizard.

- The pivots work fine on my machine but when the other user pulls it up she
gets the following errors:

<<First Error [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Data Source name not found
and no default driver specified

<<Second Error [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error,
Unable to open registry key 'SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\Results.

<<Third Error [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr
failed

<<Fourth Error The following data range failed to refresh from MS Access
database. Continue to refresh all?

This user is on Excel 97 and win2000. I'm on Excel 2002 and XP pro.

Two other notes:
The first time I recieved Error 1 on her machine, I was prompted to set up a
data connection which I did and called Results.
Reminder - these new pivot tables link to the very same Access database as
all of the other pivots and data extracts in this file so I would think it
would work.

Questions:
Is there a way to determine the actual connection for the earlier pivot
tables and then change my newer ones to match? I assume this would require
some VBA code.

Or, any ideas on what may be causing this? I want to avoid needing to set
up connection strings specific to each machine, if at all possible.

Thanks
- John Michl