Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Check for Excel version before running?

I've gotten calls from some of my users with strange problems, only to find
they are running Excel 97 - my spreadsheet and the VBA in it are all built
using Excel 2000. Is there a way to check this when they try to open this?
"If Not Excel 2000 Then MsgBox "Don't do this! And don't call me!" " ??

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ed,

You can test the Version property of the Application object.
For example,

If Val(Application.Version) <= 8 Then
' user is in 97 or earlier

Cordially,