Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SQL.REQUEST - controlling refresh frequency?

Is there any way to control the way the sql.request refresh occurs in
Excel?

I'd like to use it on a larger spreadsheet, but when it updates so
frequently, it slows everything down too much. I would prefer to set
it to update when I hit a "refresh" button (or something to that
effect). MS Query is not flexible enough for me, since I want to pass
different variables into every row, and the data returned is not an
array. I can handle the slow refresh, but I only want to run it when
I decide to - not with any little change.

Thanks!

Jason Schellenberg
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you should use SQL.Request as an array function with set of arguments as joint table. I make such a reports in another way (with written own worksheet functions) - it goes very,very quickly (no limitations below 65000 recs in fact)