Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default sending email within a macro

In my endless quest to automate my personal files, I'm
trying to have a macro email my cells in the body of an
email. I've done this using the

ActiveWorkbook.SendMail recipients:="Jean Selva"

vb command. Works great, just as I wanted. The only
problem is that it STILL prompts for user input. A
warning pops up saying that a program is automatically
sending email on my behalf. I must then wait 5 seconds
and press "yes."

How can I get rid of this warning. I haven't been able
to take vacation time because the data I send out is
critical, and I'm trying to get this stuff automated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I tested this and it worked in a macro of mine without any
prompt. Try this:

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.SendMail "
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

-IA

In my endless quest to automate my personal files, I'm
trying to have a macro email my cells in the body of an
email. I've done this using the

ActiveWorkbook.SendMail recipients:="Jean Selva"

vb command. Works great, just as I wanted. The only
problem is that it STILL prompts for user input. A
warning pops up saying that a program is automatically
sending email on my behalf. I must then wait 5 seconds
and press "yes."

How can I get rid of this warning. I haven't been able
to take vacation time because the data I send out is
critical, and I'm trying to get this stuff automated.
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is part of the Security patch for outlook and can't be turned off.

You can get a dll called redemption I believe
http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/home.htm
but this probably requires programming Outlook

Another way is to use CDO. Ron de Bruin has information on this:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/index.html

Again, this is more complex than SendMail.

Tom Ogilvy

Joe S. wrote in message
In my endless quest to automate my personal files, I'm
trying to have a macro email my cells in the body of an
email. I've done this using the

ActiveWorkbook.SendMail recipients:="Jean Selva"

vb command. Works great, just as I wanted. The only
problem is that it STILL prompts for user input. A
warning pops up saying that a program is automatically
sending email on my behalf. I must then wait 5 seconds
and press "yes."

How can I get rid of this warning. I haven't been able
to take vacation time because the data I send out is
critical, and I'm trying to get this stuff automated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is some additional information:

Information on the security patch
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm

Tom Ogilvy

Joe S. wrote in message
In my endless quest to automate my personal files, I'm
trying to have a macro email my cells in the body of an
email. I've done this using the

ActiveWorkbook.SendMail recipients:="Jean Selva"

vb command. Works great, just as I wanted. The only
problem is that it STILL prompts for user input. A
warning pops up saying that a program is automatically
sending email on my behalf. I must then wait 5 seconds
and press "yes."

How can I get rid of this warning. I haven't been able
to take vacation time because the data I send out is
critical, and I'm trying to get this stuff automated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Joe

Read this also
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Prevent

If you use Outlook express you can turn it off

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)

Joe S. wrote in message
In my endless quest to automate my personal files, I'm
trying to have a macro email my cells in the body of an
email. I've done this using the

ActiveWorkbook.SendMail recipients:="Jean Selva"

vb command. Works great, just as I wanted. The only
problem is that it STILL prompts for user input. A
warning pops up saying that a program is automatically
sending email on my behalf. I must then wait 5 seconds
and press "yes."

How can I get rid of this warning. I haven't been able
to take vacation time because the data I send out is
critical, and I'm trying to get this stuff automated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

It actually appears to be a warning within Outlook 2003.
The .displayalerts didn't work on my machine. Are you
running Outlook 2003?

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I do not have Outlook running, I use a different mail
application. It looks like you already have some
substantial suggestions from others to sink your teeth
into, so I am going to let go on this topic. Glad you got
the info.

-IA