Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Changing Cell Colour

Hi everyone,

I have an excel spreadsheet that looks like this:

Dr.A Dr.B Dr.C
Total Wkld 100 100 100
Avail.Wkld
Weight Amt Left
Program A 100
Program B 100
Program C 100

So Avail. Wrkld and Amt Left gets populated when inside of the grid gets
populated.

If Avall Wkld is less than 0, I want to change the background colour to
red. Same goes gor Amt Left. If it's greater than 0 then, just have the
background colour as white. I am thinking of using the Worksheet_Change
event. Can someone help me code this?

Audrey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could simply use conditional formatting:

format / conditional formatting

I have an excel spreadsheet that looks like this:

Dr.A Dr.B

Dr.C
Total Wkld 100 100

100
Avail.Wkld
Weight Amt Left
Program A 100
Program B 100
Program C 100

So Avail. Wrkld and Amt Left gets populated when inside

of the grid gets
populated.

If Avall Wkld is less than 0, I want to change the

background colour to
red. Same goes gor Amt Left. If it's greater than 0

then, just have the
background colour as white. I am thinking of using the

Worksheet_Change
event. Can someone help me code this?

Audrey

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com

***
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Audrey,

Why not use Conditional Formatting? Check help for details, and post back if
you get stuck.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Audrey Ng" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I have an excel spreadsheet that looks like this:

Dr.A Dr.B Dr.C
Total Wkld 100 100 100
Avail.Wkld
Weight Amt Left
Program A 100
Program B 100
Program C 100

So Avail. Wrkld and Amt Left gets populated when inside of the grid gets
populated.

If Avall Wkld is less than 0, I want to change the background colour to
red. Same goes gor Amt Left. If it's greater than 0 then, just have the
background colour as white. I am thinking of using the Worksheet_Change
event. Can someone help me code this?

Audrey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bob and Andy,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have used Worksheet_Change function and
that seems to work.

My next problem is I need to be able to color the cell that has the
highest rank. To be more specific, the previous post showed you a
'Schedule' worksheet. I have another sheet called 'Preferences' which
ranks the program. If the Amt_Left = 0 on the Schedule worksheet, then
that means that the user has finished putting all hours for that
particular program and for each doctor. The program should then know to
go to the next highest rank.

I hope I'm making sense. Pleas ehelp.