Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Logarithmic Chart in VBA

I would like to know how to set Axis in Graph.Chart, so it will draw a
Logarithmic Chart instead of linear one.

Thx

-----------------------------------
Dim ppoChart As PowerPoint.Shape
Dim mgoChart As Graph

Set ppsCurrent = ppppDOB.Slides.Add((ppppDOB.Slides.Count + 1),
ppLayoutTitleOnly)
Set rstInfo = GetChartInfo(plngDataID)
Set rstData = GetChartData(rstInfo("cmnDoDAACID"),
rstInfo("cmnFuelTypeID"), rstInfo("cmnDFSPTypeAvgSpan"),
rstInfo("dobDataAsOfDate"))

If Not rstData.EOF Then
Set ppoChart = ppsCurrent.Shapes.AddOLEObject(15, 125, 700,
400, "MSGraph.Chart")
Set mgoChart = ppoChart.OLEFormat.Object
mgoChart.ChartType = xlLine ' draw line chart

mgoChart.Axes(xlCategory).CategoryType = xlCategoryScale
'mgoChart.Axes(xlValue). ' ??? how to set axis ???

Thx

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Right click on the axis to change to log scale and choose
Format Axis. On the Scale Tab, click the Logarithmic
Scale box.

HTH
Kevin Sprinkel

I would like to know how to set Axis in Graph.Chart, so

it will draw a
Logarithmic Chart instead of linear one.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Found it:

"mgoChart.Axes(xlValue).ScaleType = xlScaleLogarithmic"

is the call.

---