Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Programming Excel -The most efficient way

My head is exploding with the 500 different ways shown on Microsoft's site
to program Excel (Office)
Can anyone offer the best solution to the following:
I want to program a couple of Excel reports for both Mac Users and PC users
and have them access from a web site. These users not only have different
platforms (Mac and PC) but many have different versions of Excel (XP, 2002,
2003, 2000). What does Microsoft have out there that would be compatible
with all of the above differences??
I am open to VBA, VB.Net, ASP.NET, etc........

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think VBA would be your best bet. Creating an excel
object in a .NET lang is a little hard and I think not as
good as VBA. But that is my opinion.

Keith
www.kjtfs.com
My head is exploding with the 500 different ways shown

on Microsoft's site
to program Excel (Office)
Can anyone offer the best solution to the following:
I want to program a couple of Excel reports for both Mac

Users and PC users
and have them access from a web site. These users not

only have different
platforms (Mac and PC) but many have different versions

of Excel (XP, 2002,
2003, 2000). What does Microsoft have out there that

would be compatible
with all of the above differences??
I am open to VBA, VB.Net, ASP.NET, etc........

PLEASE HELP!!!!

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You are probably right-I already have reports coded with VBA......but the
next step is getting them on the web and making them
interactive...efficiently..thanks
"Keith" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Programming XL (using automation) on a server is not recommended due
to instability issues when serving multiple users. If you have access
to ASP functionality (or any other server-side platform) then your
best bet might be to run the queries as dynamic web pages, and have
the code output the results to Excel by writing out an Excel header
followed by an HTML table containing the data.

http://www.15seconds.com/Issue/970515.htm
http://www.aspalliance.com/articleVi...spx?aId=1&pId=

Tim.