Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Word/XL Mail Merge, 2000

Hello,

I have a number of word 2000 documents that use mail
merges with the same xl 2000 file as their data source,
but querying different information. All these files will
be in the same file folder, but the location of this file
folder may be changed. Unfortunately when you change the
location of the file folder, word can no longer find the
data source, or so it seems. Does anyone know of any
fixes/macros that use a relative path name to find the
data source rather than the actual path, or have any
suggestions as to how I may be able to overcome this
problem?

Thanks,
mika
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mika,
The worksheet must be the first worksheet in your Excel file, and possibly
that is your problem. An interesting thing is that you can use a Filter
and what you see with the filter applied is all that Mail Merge in Word
will see. More information on Mail Merge in
Mail Merge, Using Mail Merge with data from Excel

My page above is oriented to printing labels, but the technique is the
same. There are links to sites describing mail merge more
oriented to Word users, but fail to mention that the worksheet tab you refer
to must be the first worksheet tab at the bottom of your Excel file.
---
HTH,