Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need help ....

HI,
i'm very new here. I hope someone can advise me on how to get it
done.

Basically for example, I have a excel worksheet 1 with all my inventory
list;stock code, pricing etc... How can I actually find a particular
stock code in column 3... and find all the rows with the paticular
stock code and copy to worksheet 2 or another excel files. I think I
need to write VBA or marcos right.. which I have no idea on how to do
it.

Below I have attach a sample excel file of my inventory list

I hope someone can advise me on this etc....

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Newbie

Attachment filename: needhelp.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=382451
---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It would help if you first devote a single column to a single type of
data.. you have a lot of intermixed cells there.. would be hard to do
anything with it . Try putting item, price, etc in separate columns

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi crisp,
thanks for the swift reply. I'm afraid I can't use the
method you method.. Basically the info is taken from other souces thru
cut & paste and I put in the date & company. I was think for example if
row 11 have the stock code I want, the programming will display the
whole row data to for example worksheet 2.

I hope I can get more advise on this or programming etc.

Thanks

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub getStockCode

stockRow = (number of the row here)
sheets(1).activate
cells(stockRow,1).entirerow.select
sheets(2).activate

'now location of the row you want to copy
range("a1").select
activesheet.paste

End Su

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sample workbook sent to email address given

Sub Macro1()
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:="ABC"
Rows("12:19").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Sheet2").Select
Rows("4:4").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=2
End Sub
Sub macro1mod()
code = UCase(InputBox("desiredcode"))
x = Sheets("Sheet2").Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row + 1
'MsgBox code
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:=code
Range("a2:g" & Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row).Copy _
Sheets("sheet2").Cells(x, "a")
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=2

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"excelmac" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

HI Don,
you mention that you sent a sample to email address
given. Actually I did not receive anything... Hope you can post me your
sample results etc to

Thanks

By the way, all those codes you give me I don't really know where to
put it. :(

---
Message posted from
http://www.ExcelForum.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
due to sometime 2,3 cells mixed together I facing error like data
type mismatch & error 400

---