Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
raj raj is offline

Default Value padding in VBA

Hello. Please help me if possible.

I need a function that will take a value that may be 1 to
3 digits in length and 0 to 2 decimal places and pad it to
always have three digits and two decimals.

For example:

1 would be converted to 001.00
14 would be converted to 014.00
15.3 would be converted to 015.30
145 would be converted to 145.00
197.21 would remain 197.21

The variable(s) can be strings if needed, I can work with
any VBA compatible datatype.

Your example code to do this would be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try following:

Sub test()
OrigValue = 15.3
NewValue = Format(OrigValue, "000.00")
End Sub

Regards
Klaus

I need a function that will take a value that may be 1 to
3 digits in length and 0 to 2 decimal places and pad it

always have three digits and two decimals.

For example:

1 would be converted to 001.00
14 would be converted to 014.00
15.3 would be converted to 015.30
145 would be converted to 145.00
197.21 would remain 197.21

The variable(s) can be strings if needed, I can work with
any VBA compatible datatype.

Your example code to do this would be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If your intention is only to display the figures in this
format on the worksheet then you can apply a custom format
to the worksheet cells that will accomplish this. Just
select the cells and then select Format|Cells|Number tab.
Then select Custom in the Category list and type 000.00 in
the Type window.

Regards,
Greg