Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help Design a Medical Practice Spreadsheet

I am looking for someone to help me design a simple excel spreadshee
to help me track patient labs tests at my solo practice.

I need to be able to enter a patient details on the day the labs ar
drawn, with separate columns for different lab types, as well as a dat
labs are due, to help remind me of pending labs.
Is any kind soul able to help?
markhus(AT)hotmail.com
Thank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you want to send the details to me directly, I would be happy to help.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"ivanhoe" wrote in message
I am looking for someone to help me design a simple excel spreadsheet
to help me track patient labs tests at my solo practice.

I need to be able to enter a patient details on the day the labs are
drawn, with separate columns for different lab types, as well as a date
labs are due, to help remind me of pending labs.
Is any kind soul able to help?
markhus(AT)hotmail.com
Thanks

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Based on what you've outlined, you should not be doing
this in EXCEL; you should do this in ACCESS. I think
people gravitate to EXCEL because it's easier, and I
agree it is, but it's only easier because of what it
doesn't do. I'm sure people on this forum would be happy
to help but you have not asked what you need help with
specifically. 99% of the time, queries such as the one
you posted get no response, not because people do not
have the answers you seek, but because you have not asked
anything. If, for instance, you get started creating
this spreadsheet and you run into a specific problem then
people on this forum can help. The only way to help you
is for the helper to start asking you questions. This
could go on for a hundred iterations (threads) and even
then you may not get what you need. I know of no forum
that can help under these circumstances. The only
choices you have a A.) Learn how to execute your
task in either EXCEL or ACCESS and come back to this
forum when/if you have a specific problem to get you over
the hump. B.) Abandon the project and chalk it off as a
pipe dream. Or, C.) Turn over all your data to a third
party with an outline of how you want the data processed
and what you would like the data to look like. I would
be at least open to helping you with choice C although I
can make no promises until I see the data and outline. I
will check to see if you reply that you would like help
with choice C. If you reply I will provide you with my e-
mail so we can communicate offline (meaning not on this
forum).

Marty

I am looking for someone to help me design a simple

excel spreadsheet
to help me track patient labs tests at my solo practice.

I need to be able to enter a patient details on the day

the labs are
drawn, with separate columns for different lab types, as

well as a date
labs are due, to help remind me of pending labs.
Is any kind soul able to help?
markhus(AT)hotmail.com
Thanks

---

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your help Bob Phillips, I cannot seem to find an email
address to directly send you the details of what exactly I want done,
so I will post it on here, please reply to my email address directly in
case it is somewhat off-topic.

I have attached a brief Word doc explaining wht exactly I am seeking,
since I cant post HTML.

Attachment filename: excel help.zip
Download attachment:
http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=382205