Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disable call for Addin

Hello,

Problem:
I have an Excel sheet (3Mb), data in the sheet only
justifies very little space. I'd say it should be 250 Kb.
The message on opening or closing the sheet is 'Cannot find
....xla!... which should start on opening/ closing'.

Where can I find this link and how can I break it?

Any suggestions?

Marc
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Check to see if the names "Auto_Open" and "Auto_Close" are defined
(Ctrl-F3). They may be pointing to the add-in. Delete them to eliminate
the problem.

For the size problem you might check each worksheet to see if its active
area is larger than the data. Press Ctrl-End to go to the last active cell.
If this is well beyond data try selecting and then deleting the unused rows
and columns. Then save.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

JIM,

That's it. Thanks!

There were a lot of names defined linked to the intranet,
removing them shrinked the file from 3714 Kb to a tiny 36
Kb.

Thanks,

Marc

MS VB addin err DL Excel Worksheet Functions 0 May 15th 07 05:22 PM
Call Center Management: How to calculate 'cost per call' Denniso6 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 June 25th 06 05:01 PM
Remove Excel AddIn from AddIn List !! Help carl Excel Programming 2 December 8th 03 03:36 PM
Addin Peter Pantus Excel Programming 4 October 11th 03 07:40 PM
COM addin call missing ken Excel Programming 0 July 22nd 03 03:39 PM