Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default identification of cell that exceed certain number of characters

I would like to identify cells in a column that have more
then a certain number of characters in them because I need
to trim them down so fit on a mail merge lable.

We can go with color coding - which would be great or in
required I can have a new field that an x appears when my
target field has to many characters in it.

The color coding of the cell would be great.

Thanks Todd
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Todd,

conditional formatting.

Use a condition of IsFormula, and a formula of =LEN(A1)6, and just choose a
format to suit. This assumes A1 is the first cell you want to format, and
the length you want is 6.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips