Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Multiline textbox.. Can you have multiple font colors within?

I have a textbox serving as a a chat window.. i would like to be able to
manipulate font color based on the 'user' typing within the chat.

to see the context, download the NetChat 3.1 (open first with macros
disabled/change chatlog/user log to point to a shared network folder,
save/reopen with enabled macros)
http://home.doramail.com/benssamples:doramail.com/

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can do a certain amount of formatting (eg. Bold/Text colour) in the
formula bar - results only becomes visible when you Enter.

Set to record a macro as you do it to get code sample.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

its an ole Text box, i cant seem to format colors of individual section
of text within that control. im not sure if its possible even.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't believe it is possible with an ActiveX Textbox. You can try using
the RTF Textbox, or if your textbox is on a worksheet, use the textbox from
the Drawing toolbar (I didn't look at your file, so I don't know where your
textbox is).

Tom Ogilvy
its an ole Text box, i cant seem to format colors of individual sections