Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I Delete Lines from VBA Array?

Quiz,

Why bother? If you loop through them and test the value, just write the
valid ones to the text file.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Quizarate" wrote in message
I have an array in VBA with about 10,000 lines of data, which I am writing

to a text file. I can do this with no problem. However, before I write the
array to the text file, I want to delete lines that have certain values in
them. An example of the code I am playing with is he

For i = UBound(ForecastDataArray, 1) To 1 Step -1
If ForecastDataArray(i, 4) = "0000000" Then
ForecastDataArray.row(i).Delete
End If
Next i

I know this won't work, but I wanted to give people an idea of what I am

trying to do. If 0000000 is found in row i, column 4, then I want to delete
the entire row from my array. I know I could write the array to Excel, do
my search there, delete the lines out, then save the sheet as a text file,
but in the future, the array is going to have well over 200,000 lines in it,
so I won't be able to write it to excel.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

TIA,

Quiz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Bob,

I tried using your idea, but it takes a really long time
to process my data using that method. I don't know why,
but but a process that took a little over 1 minute without
testing the data now takes over 10 minutes. It seemed to
me that it would be faster to go through the array.

Thanks for the response though.

John

.