Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional value code

I have Range O2:O100 and P2:P100. The below code
looks in Range P2:P100 and if it finds a % in the value,
will offset into the corresponding cell in Range O2:O100
and will put the % character in the cell itself.

What I would also like is if the code does not find a % in
the value, will offset into the corresponding cell in
Range O2:O100 and will put the value "number" in the cell
itself.

Dim c As Range
Range("O2:O100").Value = ""
For Each c In Range("O2:O100")
With c
If InStr(1, .Offset(, 1).NumberFormat, "%")
Then .Value = "%"
End With
Next c
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One way:

Dim c As Range
For Each c In Range("O2:O100").Cells
With c
If InStr(1, .Offset(, 1).NumberFormat, "%") Then
.Value = "%"
Else
.Value = "number"
End If
End With
Next c

Note that since you're putting either "%" or "number" in each cell,
the Range("O2:O100").Value = "" line isn't necessary.