Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default accessing data on a web site

I have a list of stock symbols in a column. I need a
macro that will go down the column one symbol at a time
and for each symbol go to a web site (using the import
external data feature on the Excel data menu)and enter
that symbol on the web site so as to pull up a table of
data for that stock. Then I want to select the table and
import the table into Excel. Then repeat for the next
symbol in the column until all symbols have been done. I
can indicate the bottom of the column by putting a phony
symbol in the last cell, e.g., STOP or XYZ.

The part that stumps me is how to enter the symbol on the
external web site and then activate the Search or Go
feature on that web site so it will bring up the data for
that symbol. I would very much appreciate some help on
this. Thanks. --Milt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I actually have developed a program that does this.
Check it out at www.kjtfs.com it is in the downloads
section. It is the Stock Data Getter program, there are
some other good finance programs too. If that is what
you are looking for I can help you with the code. It is
kind of long.

Keith
www.kjtfs.com

.