Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Summary...Number of shts varies

The number of sheets in my workbook varies from day to day, with unique names for each sheet. I am trying to total cell contents from those sheets on a summary sheet. There is a cell whose contents are common to the sheet name. I am at a complete loss as to where to begin. There is not a lot of information here but I am not sure how to post enough to help. Remove nospam to respond via emai
Thanks in advanc
Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

if you are summing information across sheets and the information is in the
same cell on each sheet, put in a sheet named Start and a sheet named End.
Put all sheets to be summarized between these two sheets.

In the summary sheet use a 3D formula

=Sum(Start:End!A1)

as an example.

All sheets between Start and End will be included in the sum (start and
end should be blank sheets.)

--
regards,
tom Ogilvy

"steveh" wrote in message
The number of sheets in my workbook varies from day to day, with unique

names for each sheet. I am trying to total cell contents from those sheets
on a summary sheet. There is a cell whose contents are common to the sheet
name. I am at a complete loss as to where to begin. There is not a lot of
information here but I am not sure how to post enough to help. Remove nospam
to respond via email
Thanks in advance
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Or you can do it in VBA and use a for each loop

for each ws in activeworkbook.worksheets
total = total + ws.cells(row,col).value
next

or something like that.

.