Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I hide an Excel MENU item?

I would like to hid the Macros menu list in the TOOLS, MACRO, MACROS
menu in Excel so that people will not be able to edit my macros. I
have been using the following code, but it simply does not work:

MenuBars(ThisWorkbook).Menus("Tools").MenuItems("M acros...").Delete

I want to be able to use the TOOLS, MACRO, but not the MACROS which
displays the MACRO list box. I want to be able to use the Visual
Basics Editor which is a sub menu of the TOOLS, MACRO menu item.

Need the price VBA coding and where I should place it. I have been
placing the above code in ThisWorkbook.

What I am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Marcello

Post reply via email:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Marcello?,

In the module containing your macros...
place "Option Private Module" at the top of the module.
It will change color if it is entered properly.
This will hide the display of the macro names in the Macros list box.

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA