Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Years and Weeks

I would like to type an employee's start date and today's date and then have in another cell tell me how many years and weeks that employee worked. Can I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Michael, have a look here
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm
--
Paul B
Using Excel 97 & 2000

"Michael" wrote in message
I would like to type an employee's start date and today's date and then

have in another cell tell me how many years and weeks that employee worked.
Can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

= Int((DateLast - DateFirst) / 365.25) & ":" & Int(((DateLast - DateFirst) /
365.25 - Int((DateLast - DateFirst) / 365.25)) * 12)

"Michael" wrote in message
I would like to type an employee's start date and today's date and then

have in another cell tell me how many years and weeks that employee worked.
Can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 06:46:23 -0800, "Michael"
wrote:

I would like to type an employee's start date and today's date and then have in another cell tell me how many years and weeks that employee worked. Can I do this?

=DATEDIF(B20,TODAY(),"y")&" yrs and "&
INT(DATEDIF(B20,TODAY(),"yd")/7)&" weeks"

Will give the number of whole years and full weeks since the employment date
(with the employment date in B20).

If you want to round the weeks to the closest, change the INT function to
ROUND(DATEDIF.....,0)

--ron