Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default what object group does this reside in

I have a 10 Control command buttons on my worksheet. Each named
consecutively
blahButton_1
blahButton_2
etc.
I access this buttons settings by:
thisworkbook.application.worksheets("blah").blahBu tton_1.text = "moreblah"

the only problem is...i need to substitute the _1, _2 characters of this
control name with a variable (so that the sub that is doing this work, only
modifies the button corresponding to the variable.

I'm not having trouble with loops...,just in getting to the <.name of the
command buttons.....
worksheets("blah").controlgroup("blahbutton_" & incrmt).text = "moreblah"
In the same way I address the .Worksheets("blah") {the string being able to
be substituted with a variable}, I wish to address the "commandbuttons" or
the "worksheetcontrols" group. Doesn't one have to exist.....isn't it a
member of some group that I can call by name?

thanks ahead of time
veryfrustrated
ricky

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I hate taking an hour to figure things out, when they seem to be
simple....but somtimes thats the way the ball bounces.
MgmtSheet.OLEObjects(BlahVariable).Object.Value = FileName

who knew is was a stinkin oleobject....jeeze ;)

ricky