Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Multi Column Combo Box

Hi Kevin,

Is there a better way to only display 2 of the five
columns in the combobox than by setting the width of
those I don't want to show to 0?

Assuming that you need to have all that data in the combobox, this is
the way to do it. This may or may not be possible depending on your
circumstances, but you could put only the visible data in the combobox and
then use the visible data to look up the rest if the data from one or more
tables on a worksheet. All in all, though, putting all the data in the
combobox and hiding the columns you don't want the user to see is probably
the easiest thing to do.

How do I refer to separate columns from the combobox
choice (i.e. I want to populate a cell with the value in
the third column of the combobox choice)? Using
comboboxX.Value returns 1 value. What is the syntax for
specifically referring to each of the other column values?

You can use the Column property of the combobox to read and write data
from specific locations in a multi-column combo box. For example:

MyValue = cboMyCombo.Column(2)

returns the value from the third column of the currently selected row (the
columns are indexed beginning with zero).

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals