Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default unprotecting workbook

I need a refresher, how do I unprotect a workbook or
import into a new one that I can work with. TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can try, if the formulas aren't part of the protection (ie. hide formua
option), to copy the contents and paste into another workbook.
But if you don't know the password, then Microsoft offers no solution to
unprotect.
I'm sure, though if your stuck at the password part, then someone else can
post a link to a piece of software that will "debug" to find the password or
at least unprotect.

ricky

"Jeff" wrote in message
I need a refresher, how do I unprotect a workbook or
import into a new one that I can work with. TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Ricky M. Medley" wrote in message ...
You can try, if the formulas aren't part of the protection (ie. hide formua
option), to copy the contents and paste into another workbook.
But if you don't know the password, then Microsoft offers no solution to
unprotect.
I'm sure, though if your stuck at the password part, then someone else can
post a link to a piece of software that will "debug" to find the password or
at least unprotect.

Yes:

http://tinyurl.com/qfsp

N.B. Please do not use these tools to access or modify files unless
you are authorised to do so.

ricky