Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Last, First Name Swap

I've got two spreadsheets with names that I am trying to compare. Bot
have full names stored in one field. One has normal FirstName Lastnam
the other Lastname, Firstname.
With about 2000 names to compare it's not going to be easy. Is ther
anyway to swap the names so they are goth FirstName Lastname or vic
versa? Thanks

--
~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

one way:

=TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(",",A1)+1,255) & " " & LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1) -1))

You might also want to check out

http://cpearson.com/excel/firstlast.htm

In article ,
LaramieHartmann
wrote:

I've got two spreadsheets with names that I am trying to compare. Both
have full names stored in one field. One has normal FirstName Lastname
the other Lastname, Firstname.
With about 2000 names to compare it's not going to be easy. Is there
anyway to swap the names so they are goth FirstName Lastname or vice
versa? Thanks.

How can I swap cells Josh W Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 March 10th 09 07:13 PM
data swap scott Excel Worksheet Functions 1 August 21st 08 05:13 PM
swap Gary Excel Worksheet Functions 9 August 2nd 06 03:51 AM
I need to swap last name, first name in a cell to first name last Wink Excel Worksheet Functions 3 May 27th 06 02:52 PM
swap axes Fridgemaster Charts and Charting in Excel 3 March 30th 06 02:22 PM