Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Web Query Function

I have created a spreadsheet that utilizes the Excel Web
Query function to go out and retrieve Weather Data from
weather.com. The spreadsheet works on most machines, but
has given errors on others. Recently, a co-worker was
using the spreadsheet to get the weather data and then IT
loaded internet explorer 6 on her machine and the excel
spreadsheet stopped working. Does anyone have any ideas
on where the problem might lie? I have checked some of
the security areas in IE6 and don't see anything that
stands out.

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

I am running Excel 2000 and my url is as follows:

http://www.weather.com/weather/print/USNY1000

Thanks,
Steven

As always, you should post your xl version, the url's and

code, if any, for
comments.
sample url?
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/local/78654?

lswe=78654&lwsa=WeatherLocalTravel
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Steven Baroni"

wrote in message
I have created a spreadsheet that utilizes the Excel Web
Query function to go out and retrieve Weather Data from
weather.com. The spreadsheet works on most machines,

but
has given errors on others. Recently, a co-worker was
using the spreadsheet to get the weather data and then

IT
loaded internet explorer 6 on her machine and the excel
spreadsheet stopped working. Does anyone have any ideas
on where the problem might lie? I have checked some of
the security areas in IE6 and don't see anything that
stands out.

Thanks for the help.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

And how are you now getting the info and what do you want to do with it. You
may send me a small workbook along with a copy of this message to my address
below, if you like.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software