Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need help with combobox output

I have a combobox that is being filled by data located on sheet3. The
combobox is setup for 3 columns. I would like to have the combobox
display only the values in column 1 and in two other textboxes be able
to show the values of column 2 and column 3.

I am able to get the combobox to display fine, and one of the textboxes
to display it's column. When I try to activate the second textbox, it
won't work.

The code that I am trying to use is:

Private Sub cboCustomer_Change()
cboCustomer.ColumnCount = 3
cboCustomer.BoundColumn = 2
txtContact.Text = cboCustomer.Value

cboCustomer.BoundColumn = 3
txtPhone.Text = cboCustomer.Value
End Sub

I would appreciate any direction you might suggest.
TIA
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

All you need is:

Private Sub cboCustomerList_Change()
txtContact = cboCustomer.List(, 1)
txtPhone = cboCustomer.List(, 2)

Vasant

"Steven R. Solorio" wrote in message
I have a combobox that is being filled by data located on sheet3. The
combobox is setup for 3 columns. I would like to have the combobox
display only the values in column 1 and in two other textboxes be able
to show the values of column 2 and column 3.

I am able to get the combobox to display fine, and one of the textboxes
to display it's column. When I try to activate the second textbox, it
won't work.

The code that I am trying to use is:

Private Sub cboCustomer_Change()
cboCustomer.ColumnCount = 3
cboCustomer.BoundColumn = 2
txtContact.Text = cboCustomer.Value

cboCustomer.BoundColumn = 3
txtPhone.Text = cboCustomer.Value
End Sub

I would appreciate any direction you might suggest.
TIA
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for responding so quickly. I will try this as soon as I can
and I will let you know what happened.

Thanks,
Steve

Vasant Nanavati wrote:
All you need is:

Private Sub cboCustomerList_Change()
txtContact = cboCustomer.List(, 1)
txtPhone = cboCustomer.List(, 2)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear Vasant,

I wanted to let you know that the code you posted worked like a charm.
You make it look easy. Again, many thanks for your help.

Steve