Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Identifying and locating linking cells!

Hi:

I have somehow got links into a spreadsheet, and want to find them and eliminate them. I
know how to break the links, but i am also importing data intro this spreadsheet and
somehow am bringing in a link every time I import. THe problem is I have been unable to
locate the specific cells that are causing the linkage.

Can someone tell me of a simple way to locate the cells that contain the linkage, so that
I can remove this irritating problem!

I have tried turing on the ability to view formulas and that has not helped. Are there any
other tools or techniques?

Thanks

John Baker
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use Bill Manville's free addin findlink.xla

found at Stephen Bullen's site:

http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

Tom Ogilvy

John Baker wrote in message
Hi:

I have somehow got links into a spreadsheet, and want to find them and

eliminate them. I
know how to break the links, but i am also importing data intro this

spreadsheet and
somehow am bringing in a link every time I import. THe problem is I have

been unable to
locate the specific cells that are causing the linkage.

Can someone tell me of a simple way to locate the cells that contain the

linkage, so that
I can remove this irritating problem!

I have tried turing on the ability to view formulas and that has not

helped. Are there any
other tools or techniques?

Thanks

John Baker

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you importing from another Excel file?
How exactly are you importing it? Copy and Paste?
Have you tried to "Paste Special?"
If not, instead of pasting, right-click the top left cell you'r
pasting to and select "Paste Special" from the menue. Then selec
"Values" and click "OK.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the advice and suggestions.

That routine Tom pointed me to was most helpful. I had already been using
post/special/values (programmatically), and still have to figure out how the link got
there in the first place!

Thanks again

John Baker