Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default looking for html to pull series of urls

I'm looking for html code that will pull up a series of
urls. Each url will be a stock chart. I will have a list
of stocks. I want to view the chart of each individual
stock one chart at a time and change to the next chart
when I'm ready (not with a slide show timer). I
especially want each new chart to open in the same window
(not in a new window).

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dick,

You could use Excel to launch IE and control which charts are viewed.
Here's a starter macro that will display yahoo 1-year charts for each stock
symbol listed in column 1. The macro stops after each chart is shown--press
F5 to go to the next chart.

You could modify the program to hide the workbook and control what is viewed
from a vba Form. The Form could contain options for selecting time period,
TA options, etc...

You may have to add a reference for "Microsoft Internet Controls"--in the
vba Editor, go to

Tools | References

and scroll down to find "Microsoft Internet Controls" and place a check in
the box.

HTH,
Shockley

Sub Tester()
Dim ie As New InternetExplorer
sURL = "http://finance.yahoo.com/"
ie.navigate sURL
Do While ie.readyState < READYSTATE_COMPLETE
Loop
ie.Visible = True
Base01 = "http://ichart.yahoo.com/z?s="
Base02 = "&t=1y&q=b&l=on&z=m&a=v&p=s"
LastRow = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
For i = 1 To LastRow
sURL = Base01 & Cells(i, 1) & Base02
GetImage sURL, ie
Stop