Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with locking Cells

Hi

I am trying to lock and unlock cells in an Excel 97 App via VB code. I
have the following function

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

ActiveSheet.Unprotect password:=Worksheets("sheet2").Range("PWD")

Worksheets("sheet1").Range("A1:BH22").Locked = True
Range("CompletedBy").Locked = False

ActiveSheet.Protect password:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("PWD"),
userinterfaceonly:=True
End Sub

Setting the Locked property works fine using a reference like "A1:B
H22" but fails when using a named range.

Does anyone have any idea why I cannot use a named range in this code.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It seems to me it should work fine... are you sure you spelled the name of
the range correctly? are you sure that the name exists and has a valid
reference?

RADO

"rthomsen" wrote in message

Hi

I am trying to lock and unlock cells in an Excel 97 App via VB code. I
have the following function

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

ActiveSheet.Unprotect password:=Worksheets("sheet2").Range("PWD")

Worksheets("sheet1").Range("A1:BH22").Locked = True
Range("CompletedBy").Locked = False

ActiveSheet.Protect password:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("PWD"),
userinterfaceonly:=True
End Sub

Setting the Locked property works fine using a reference like "A1:B
H22" but fails when using a named range.

Does anyone have any idea why I cannot use a named range in this code.

~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to

creating financial statements