Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Detecting Worksheet Activity

I have a worksheet on a network that is available to several people. Some of the people tend to leave their computers logged on with trhe worksheet loaded, which, of course, stops other people editing it
I am going to try saving it as shared, but what I really want is a VBA routine that detects that the sheet has not been 'used' for a period of time, say 5 mins, and then close the sheet automatically

I have written the code for the a software timer to close the sheet. The intention is to reset the timer every time someone types something on the sheet, but I don't know how to trap this type of event for the worksheet itself. I have searched Excel and VBA help to no avail

Please hel

Tks in advanc

Tre

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I guess the Worksheet_Change event will do it. It
triggers everytime a cell is changed.

Hope this will help you.

/Nicke

I have a worksheet on a network that is available to

several people. Some of the people tend to leave their
computers logged on with trhe worksheet loaded, which, of
course, stops other people editing it.
I am going to try saving it as shared, but what I really

want is a VBA routine that detects that the sheet has not
been 'used' for a period of time, say 5 mins, and then
close the sheet automatically.

I have written the code for the a software timer to

close the sheet. The intention is to reset the timer
every time someone types something on the sheet, but I
don't know how to trap this type of event for the
worksheet itself. I have searched Excel and VBA help to
no avail.

Please help

Tks in advance

Trev