Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel programming not using COM

Hi

As part of a larger application I have a VB program that is passed a
reference to an instance of an Excel application and I simply copy a
chart to the clipboard:

Dim oExcelApp As Object
' oExcel set in call to third party DLL
oExcelApp.ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).CopyPicture

I need to be able to do this exact same thing using 4D (a procedural
database programming language) and want to know if Excel allows you to
do this with a call to a function and not though object references.

Many thanks.
Julia.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Julia" wrote
As part of a larger application I have a VB program that is passed a
reference to an instance of an Excel application and I simply copy a
chart to the clipboard:

Dim oExcelApp As Object
' oExcel set in call to third party DLL
oExcelApp.ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).CopyPicture

I need to be able to do this exact same thing using 4D (a procedural
database programming language) and want to know if Excel allows you to
do this with a call to a function and not though object references.

Julia,

you can wrap the necessary code in a "classic" DLL and export it as a single
function (assuming that 4D can use external DLLs). Instead of the object
reference you can pass a "Moniker", or lookup the Excel instance from the
ROT.

Jens.

--
http://ManagedXLL.net/ | http://jens-thiel.de/ | http://QuantLib.net/
Replace MSDN with my first name when replying to my email address!