Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default using hyperlinks in a protected worksheet

Is there any way to use hyperlinks to navigate around a large worksheet that
has Protection turned on?

I've tried unchecking the "Locked" setting for both the target ranges and
hyperlinks, but with Protection on, the hyperlinks don't work.

Is there any way to get hyperlinks to function in a protected worksheet?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As a work around you could write macros that do Sheet
("Sheet1").select
Range("A20").select as an example.

Then use the text or buttons and assign the macros to them.

Thanks,

Greg
Is there any way to use hyperlinks to navigate around a

large worksheet that
has Protection turned on?

I've tried unchecking the "Locked" setting for both the

target ranges and
hyperlinks, but with Protection on, the hyperlinks don't

work.

Is there any way to get hyperlinks to function in a

protected worksheet?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Greg - I know how to assign VBA procedures to command buttons, but I prefer
the appearance of hyperlinks to the buttons, hence my attempt to use them.

Question: you suggested using either "text or buttons." Maybe you're
suggesting an alternative that would work for me.

I know what you mean by using the buttons, but what did you mean by using
"text?"

Thanks much.