Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default locking and unlocking a row of data based on whats entered in a cell

I would like to have a protected workbook where the data
is protected.

I would like to have a column for each row where you could
put an x or any other character in to mark that changes
were done to that row. I would like this character to
unlock that row to allow data to be changed.

So basically they have this huge list of data and they
need to make a change to data in one row for one product.
They would put an x in column a to unlock that row and
then be able to change data in any other column for that
product which was previously locked down.

Any ideas on best way to do tho?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well the only reason we are making it protected is because the user is afraid that his Market Managers who will be editing the excel file wont mark that they made a change to a product information, so our idea was we force them to do it before they can even make a change.