Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Freeze Conditional Formatting

My problem is this:

I have a bunch of conditional formatting for cells that I would like to
Freeze (or burn) into the spreadsheet.

That is, when you run the macro that performs this action, none of the
formatting will appear changed to the user (because everything will look the
same), but all the conditional formatting that was previously handled by
Excel's conditional formats is now burned into the cells and will no longer
change if you change the value of the cell.

A simple case would be in the case of "banding", where i have alternating
green and blank colored interiors for cells (created with conditional
formatting). I would like the macro to operate on the current selection and
set the formatting of the cells to what conditional formatting says they
should be, and then delete the conditional formats.

I have searched and searched and have not found anything on this topic. My
initial attemps to deal with this problem have failed, and i see no quick
way (100 lines or less of code) to comprehensively solve this problem. Any
help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excellent. This is definitely part of what i want. I assume i would have
to do the same thing for Borders formatting, font formatting, etc.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, I would think so.

Tom Ogilvy